Thursday, August 19, 2010

One Market Restaurant (San Francisco)

Focal point of the San Francisco trip was dinner at One Market Restaurant, opposite the famous ferry building. The restaurant offers a special ‘Weekly Beast’ 5-course menu on weekends, where the menu is designed around one animal. In my case, it was the wild Atlantic salmon.

For dinner I had roe, skin, belly and fillet. And the dishes got better when the meal progressed. Even dessert had salmon in it – strawberry infused roe providing the right balance of sweetness to the parfait. Best of all, I sat on the “chef’s bench” allowing me to see how the dishes were made.



Details:
One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105-1420, United States
http://www.onemarket.com/

1 comment:

  1. Weekly Beast? Yikes! Sounds like it could eat you, rather than the other way round! Thanks for this review. I'll definitely give it a go on my next trip to the States.

    ReplyDelete